By Lyndell Kincaid
Read three chapters from the Old Testament and one chapter from the New Testament of the Bible every day. You will read your Bible through each year.
Buy: R. A. Torrey How To Work For Christ
Baptist Bible Book Store
P.O. Box 7135
Pensacola, FL 32534
Complete at your own pace.
Answer generally in complete sentences.
Keep a notebook of all your work.
Your organized notebook will be turned in.
You will receive it back.
Class 1. How To Work For Christ – Torrey
Read each chapter. Write a short summary of the chapter, one page or less. How will these same verses or methods work today?
Class 2. Chapter Outlining:
The following method of studying Bible chapters I got from a book by R. A. Torrey. I have made several adaptations over the years. I have used it myself and have taught it to many. If you will honestly seek to answer these questions from the chapter you are studying, you will learn much from the Bible.
The best way to answer is turn the question into a complete sentence.
Write out all your answers.
Study the Bible as the WORD OF GOD
The Bible is the mind of God revealed. Let us have prompt and unquestioning acceptance of and submission to its teachings when definitely ascertained; even when these teachings appear to be unreasonable or impossible. Let us have absolute reliance upon all its length, breadth, depth and height. Let us have obedience C prompt, exact, joyous, and unquestioning obedience to every command.
CHAPTER:_______________ BOOK: _______________________________
1. Read the chapter five times – aloud once.
2. Write out the KEY VERSE of this chapter.
3. Write out your choice for the BEST VERSE in this chapter.
4. What is the CENTRAL TRUTH of this chapter.
5. What NAME would you give this chapter?
6. What TRUTHS already known have come to you with new power?
7. What NEW TRUTH has been revealed to you?
8. What are the PRINCIPLE LESSONS of this chapter?
9. What have you been TAUGHT TO DO in this chapter?
10. What does this chapter TEACH YOU TO BELIEVE?
11. What notable things are TAUGHT ABOUT CHRIST in this chapter?
12. What definite PROMISES are made in this chapter that YOU CAN CLAIM?
13. List the PEOPLE mentioned and any light thrown on their CHARACTER.
14. List SUBJECTS, WORDS or PHRASES that you could study more.
15. List the leading HISTORICAL FACTS in their proper order.
16. Divide the chapter into its natural divisions and OUTLINE THE CHAPTER.
Class 3. Doctrinal Studies:
Read each scriptural reference and then choose which verses most clearly demonstrate the point. Or, list verses that prove to you that the point taken is wrong.
I. Are You A Praiser?
II. A Standard To Judge Everything We Do
III. What On Earth Are You Doing For Heaven’s Sake